(Service User Co-ordinator)
WHAT IS PUSH:
- We are an independent peer led Service User group.
- We promote inclusion rather that exclusion, being a Service User group, anyone is welcome to join us.
- We are not abstinence focussed.
- We are the voice of the Service User.
THE AIMS OF PUSH:
- The aim of the group shall be to provide Peer advocacy, Peer support and representation for the drug and alcohol using community at all levels of planning, policymaking, and service provision.
- To challenge and change discriminatory attitudes in the community.
- The primary aims of PUSH are to Increase effective and meaningful user involvement in services accessed by drug/alcohol users in Portsmouth.
- Increase, develop and maintain effective and meaningful user involvement in strategic planning, delivery and review.
- To improve the health and social care of users and there carers Empowerment of service users and carers.
- To develop and incorporate effective and meaningful user and carer involvement mechanism's within services.
- To further develop and maintain user needs led services.
- Develop approaches that empower users and carers and counter oppressive and discriminatory practices.
- The Safer Portsmouth Partnership recognises that effective service user involvement informs commissioning and improves treatment outcomes for individuals.
- The Safer Portsmouth Partnership are committed to involving Service users in the planning, commissioning, delivery, monitoring and evaluation of services accessed by drug and alcohol users in Portsmouth.
THE HISTORY OF PUSH:
- PUSH started about 3 years ago by Danny Sullivan to boost up Service User involvement in Portsmouth.
- 2-3 People got together on the stairs of the Civic offices, they rented a room then rented a room at the John Pound Centre.
- Blanket E-mails were put out to try to get more space, then Central Point came up with offices on the 1st floor.
- The group continued to grow and we managed find our now more permanent offices in the D.I.P. building at 157 Elm Grove
GET INVOLVED WITH PUSH:
- If you would like to get involved with PUSH feel free to attend our open forum on a Tuesday from 2pm to 4pm.
(Please note although we do not require you to be abstinent from drugs and alcohol
to take part at PUSH, we do ask that you do not attend while intoxicated. This is for the benefit and saftey of our members and any guests or visitors that attend the forum.)